Riya, Week #1 - Why Anna is the Best Disney Princess

Anna from Frozen (alongside Rapunzel, of course) is the best Disney princess. But for some reason, I’ve never heard anyone say Anna was their favorite, or in their top two, or actually, even in their top three. I have heard many people say that Anna’s sister is their favorite, but never that Anna herself is. This has always confused me, as Anna has been one of my favorite Disney princesses since I was little.

I believe a major reason why people don’t like Anna is that they find her annoying. There are a multitude of reasons why people feel this way, the main ones being that she is too loud, energetic, clingy, and impulsive. However, her loud and energetic personality is part of the reason why I like her so much. And I would argue that Anna is “clingy” and “impulsive” because she was forced to spend her entire childhood completely isolated, which led her to crave the company of others.


I interpret Anna as someone who deeply loves her sister, especially since that is the only family she has left, rather than as clingy. Every person and every character has flaws, and while Anna has her fair share, she also has so many redeeming qualities such as being fiercely loyal, brave, and optimistic.

Image Credit: Gallery Yopriceville


I think part of the reason why I like Anna so much is that I see some of myself in her. People often refer to me as “too loud” or “too energetic,” which is also how people perceive Anna. I don’t necessarily see these qualities as flaws, though, because they are a part of my personality and who I am. I see Anna through the same lens, as these traits make up who she is as a person.


Overall, I think Anna is an underrated character who deserves more recognition, and I stand by the fact that Anna is one of the best Disney princesses.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie, Week #1 - Why Leitmotifs are Super Cool: Building Identity Through the Language of Music

Anirudh Week 1: An Analysis of the Modern Extension of Colonial Speech

Pavan, Week #1 - Who is Yamato?